- Top-5 Mike Malaska Golf Instructional Videos on YouTube
- Mike Malaska Has Launched a New Website: MalaskaGolf.com
- New Scotty Cameron Putters Hit the Market in 2017; Newport and Futura [PHOTOS]
- 5 Reasons Why Vietnam Should be At the Top of Your Golf Bucket List
- 5 Videos Explaining Ben Hogan Secrets That Changed His Career
- Steurer & Jacoby: Wonderfully Made, Premium, Hand-Crafted Golf Bags
- The Bryson DeChambeau Putting Style Has the Golf World Shaking Collective Head
- The GX-7 Metal: GX7Golf.com for More “Consistency?”
- This Story with Jon Rahm Should Give You Golfing Perspective
- Phil Mickelson Short Game Videos: Gold Nuggets on YouTube
Carl Pettersson Win RBC Heritage at Harbour Town, Goes All Chris Farley and Calls Himself A Fat Guy In A Little Coat
- Updated: April 15, 2012
With apologies in advance to both parties, Sunday’s final pairing at the RBC Heritage at Harbour Town between Carl Pettersson and Colt Knost had the appearance on the outside that it would’ve made for a better Chicken McNugget eating contest than for a race to the plaid jacket monstrosity awarded the winner. It was truly one of those Happy Gilmore my-neighbor-the-accountant type pairings that you would only hope that non-golfers weren’t watching, for the sake of avoiding further stereotypes towards our beloved game. In the end, the McNugget pairing ended up turning into a stout shot-making and all-around clinic by the now 5-time PGA Tour winner Carl Pettersson.
Carl has one of those swings on Tour that makes you cough up a few nachos while watching. He sets up with his head well behind the ball with his weight overly loaded on his backside, and then at the top of his swing has almost a flinchy over-the-top move that your neighbor the accountant yells at himself repeatedly for making. The entire motion flat out makes me nauseous. What doesn’t make me nauseous though is his consistency. The not-so-stealth in figure Swede ranks 15th in Driving Distance, 14th in Scoring Average on Tour and has now vaulted all the way to 4th in the FedEx Cup Standings. He also has joined Jesper Parnevik with 5 career PGA Tour wins, tied for the most ever by a Swedish male golfer.
It’s always refreshing and fun to see non-robotic guys win, guys that the every man can relate to. For two weeks in a row now, that has been the case on Tour. Last week it was Bubba and his coveted green jacket, this week it was Carl and his not-so-sexy yet still coveted plaid jacket. When asked what he had to say about putting on the ugly plaid jacket for the first time in his post round interview with Golf Channel’s Todd Lewis after the victory, Carl summed it up by saying, “Fat guy in a little coat, huh.” (a reference to the hilariously classic Chris Farley scene from Tommy Boy, video below) Not only an impressive game, but a great sense of humor to go along with it.