- 2015 Deutsche Bank Preview: Picks & Predictions for the Top-100
- Jason Day Sheds Any Fear of Winning– Runs Away with Barclays
- Will the FedEx Cup Give Us the 1 vs. 2 vs. 3 Match-Up?
- U.S. Walker Cup Team Finalized: Any Surprises?
- Full Review: Elmwood’s Complete North Nine Renovations (with pics and videos!)
- Titleist SM5 Wedges: Vokey’s Design Now Offers Raw Wedges
- NEW Jordan Spieth Ad with Steph Curry for Under Armour
- ActivMotion Bar: Activate Your Muscles 173% More!
- 2015 The Barclays Preview: Picks & Predictions for Plainfield
- It’s all about the Young Guys? Davis Love III is 51
Daily Divot – “Amen Corner”…what & where?
- Updated: April 9, 2011
Each April, the first major of the year, The Masters, is played at Augusta National. The most famous stretch of grass anywhere in the world can be found here. The par 4 11th, par 3 12th and the par 5 13th are what has come to be known as the AMEN CORNER. Undoubtedly the most recognizable and drama filled 3 hole stretch of any major golf championship. The term AMEN CORNER was first used in a 1958 Sports Illustrated article about the Masters that year. Herbert Wind said he was looking for a catchy phrase like baseball’s “hot-corner” or football’s “coffin-corner” to explain where some of the most exciting golf had taken place. Amen to that.