Golf Channel Morning Drive Co-Host Erik Kuselias To Tie Knot With Fellow Show Hottie Holly Sonders

holly-sonders-erik-usgolftv

CLICK HERE for more blogs from USGolfTV.com, as well as our most current blogs!

Posted 5/15/12

Straight from the category of the most surprisingly unsurprising news that I’ve heard lately, Golf Channel Morning Drive co-host Erik Kuselias is now engaged to fellow show mate Holly Sonders. Sonders is an attractive 25-year-old former Michigan St college golfer who apparently loves to eat meatballs, I mean loves Eric Kuselias. The two have worked together on the set of Morning Drive since its inception at the beginning of last year, as EK has constantly gushed publicly and on-air over Holly’s good looks.  Excuse me while I go throw up in my mouth for a minute.

If you want to save strokes, we have an offer you may be interested in. Click here to start saving strokes with One Less Stroke!

The depressing news that Holly is actually engaged to the roid-filled, face-washing, fake smiling Kuselias is as actually good news for Morning Drive fans like myself, because effective immediately, Erik is no longer a part of the wildly popular show (wildly popular because of classy and cool Gary Williams, Holly and the concept of the show, not because of you Hulk-wannabe Eric).

UPDATED TWEET:

According to Golf Channel’s spokesperson Dan Higgins, “Erik has been working with the NBC Sports Network and been on assignment with NBC Sports Talk, where he’s done a great job, so his focus is being shifted to that instead of Morning Drive.” Mr. Higgins could’ve just said, “Erik has been hooking up with Holly and we don’t approve of his continued horndoggery so we’re shipping him elsewhere.” Ok, so I stole that “horndoggery” from an article on Deadspin, but I found it too funny not to repeat.

CLICK HERE for a chance to win a NEW BUSHNELL RANGEFINDER!

For those that aren’t aware, this is nothing new for the horny Hulk-wannabe EK, as at ESPN he was suspended and then fired for having an on-going affair with fellow ESPN reporter Stephania Bell. Also, during that same time frame he bluntly told a different reporter, “I want to ____ you” while at a MNF party. Oh yeah, and Erik was married at the time (his suspicious wife had hired a private investigator and after finding out these details, filed for divorce).

Oh Erik, how we are just so glad that they left Holly behind on Morning Drive for all of us to enjoy while you get to enjoy your “move up” over to NBC Sports Network, and we’re already looking forward to the first public roid-raged moment where Erik loses it in public at someone for merely gawking at his “fiancé.” Good riddance Golf Channel. As Erik used to say on Morning Drive, “let’s roll!”….into a much better off, more enjoyable show that is.

Joel Harrington

FOR MORE BLOGS, CONTINUE HERE!

Joel Harrington (364 Posts)

97 Comments

1. Dlee2277

May 16, 2012 at 9:33 pm

There goes my only reason for living.

2. John_j_d

May 17, 2012 at 7:11 pm

The guy is a douche…..any 40 plus year old who seeks a relationship with a 25yr old is without a doubt an idiot. She is clueless!!

3. Buckeye9

May 18, 2012 at 3:02 am

He is the biggest bloviating named after a planet buffoon on tv. HD makes him look even greaser than his personality. I am sure that holly’s Dad is overjoyed that this clown is nipping at the family bank account teet.

4. Lprokopy

May 19, 2012 at 5:14 am

Lorne
    For the most part, I enjoy the Morning Drive….great guests and interviews. Someone’s doing a great job behind the scenes making this all happen on a day to day basis. Eric is hard to take at 5am (MST) in the morning as he rants, without much humility, on subjects that more knowledgeable people tend to disagree eg. exposing tour player misconducts/fines etc. He can be quite incorrigible. Holly at times, well more time than not, dresses like she’s going to a night club (as my wife keeps suggesting). There’s beautiful ladies golf apparel out there, why not find a great line for her to promote. And finally, there are many of us who watch golf, on occasion, to see Tiger lose, I personally don’t mind Tiger and know him somewhat but I enjoy, especially Eric the Tiger lover, and some others be proven wrong week after week. Notwithstanding, I do hope he wins sometime in the future but I doubt if it will be anytime soon. Thank God I will never again have to hear ER say “he is the needle”. From a viewers opinion, you guys sound ignorant, at times, always getting on the Tiger band wagon, it’s like you don’t acknowledge how great the talent is out there on tour today,….or maybe you think if you suck up to him enough times, he’ll invite you on “PRIVACY” for a party.
    I thought Reimer could be a good co-host, until he started with Tiger last week…..are you people really being honest with yourselves? Annika seems to be…….

5. Relieved Viewer

May 21, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Erik was supposed to be the general sports guy to play off Gary’s deeper knowledge of the intricacies of golf. Instead, due to an overly healthy self view, Erik would insert his basically useless opinions into golf debtates way too strenously and end up making no sense. Became a side show that was oddly fascinating but ultimately aggravating – not good for a light morning show. Was always happy to see how the show was so much more balanced when a guest host was in for Erik, so thankfully someone at Golf Channel finally woke up and solved this problem. As for Holly’s judgement — wow! The weird thing is she seemed to often give Erik the needle, as if his goofy cocksuredness bothered her like the rest of us. Guess he’s an irresistable ladies’ man after all.

6. Csw100760

May 24, 2012 at 11:17 am

What I want to know is what the he’ll is Holly Saunders thinking engaged to this guy.

7. Angela Telenko

May 24, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Oh my goodness. How ridiculous to let Erik go “elsewhere”. Over 3/4 married people met merely by working together. That is how I met my husband of 20 + years. Why did they get rid of Erik ? – Why didn’t Holly get the boot? Is it because of how pretty she is??? I actually enjoyed watching Eric, not Holly on Morning Drive. You have now lost one more “female” viewer.
    Angela T.

8. Billstowe

May 26, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Finally glad to see that golf channel management wised up to Erik. He had almost zero knowledge of golf and he was valueless to the program. Gary and Holly have done a great job getting this program off the ground. I would like to see more of a role for Holly within the program. I also hope Holly wises up to Erik and his lady chasing skirt ways and will avoid a similar sad future that his first wife went through. Erik -> good riddance. I like the guest host option for now however I am sure they will find a golf knowledgable second host in the near future.

9. Invitation Only

May 29, 2012 at 12:58 pm

For her poor lack of judgement and taste I would ‘reassign’ Holly as well. You can’t fix stupid.

Revised cast: Gary Williams, Jerry Foltz (perfect fit), Win Mcmurray.

Those are the type of people that are invited into my home, not greaseballs and tarts. Win has a great personality that does not come across as well when the cameras are rolling, anxiety? confidence? not sure. If she would just let go of it, America would fall for her, she is delightfull.

10. Edcarole659

May 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Well, at least we won’t have to hear him palying his “I’m a Lawyer Card” and his “Emmy Card” anymore. Get Charlie on there to liven things up.

11. Good-bye Holly

May 30, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Should have taken the fake Holly too. Lauren Thompson is more real and believable than the phony HS. LT is extremely easy to look at too

12. Mygolf David

May 30, 2012 at 6:09 pm

This is a great mistake to remove Erik from the show — he made the now flat – boring show far more interesting.
    You may not agree with all he said but made for great golf talk and thoughts

13. Rick

May 31, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Holly, seriously?? It will not last. He is a douche!

14. Ptbailey47

June 1, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Holly’s relationship with Gary will last as long as a red worm on a hot side walk.

15. Rbjr33

June 2, 2012 at 9:24 pm

He still owes me 20 bucks from 15 years ago the blowhard that he is a fucking backup player in high school a bench blow……………

16. Danbarnes47

June 4, 2012 at 1:20 pm

wimpy, nerdy, jealous gary opie williams got eric shipped off the show.i’d love to watch eric slap the shit out of that goofy looking little boy…hollys a little slutpuppy and the show stinks..

17. Clippmay

June 4, 2012 at 11:03 pm

It used to be when there was an affair in the workplace, it was the woman who was let go. This time it’s the man. What’s wrong with both of them? Seems fair to me.

18. Travis

June 11, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Wake up Holly! This guy is a complete tool!

19. stu levine

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Happy to se Erik gone! He was nauseating to listen to,I certainly admire his taste as Holly is beautiful, smart and fun to listen to, but I could not stand him. I muted the TV everytime he spoke. Gr8 move Golf Channel! Thank you! Stu Levine

20. Bobpinon

June 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I am happy for Erik leaving I couldn’t understand half the crap he was trying to say he drags his words togther. And also can you imagine all the crap he talked on Tiger and look what he does what a creep and an imbesel

21. Anonymous

June 17, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I really disliked Erik’s shock-jock-screaming-nonsense attitude. I would gladly lose my job for an opportunity to avail myself of Holy’s “charms”. But, in fact, I would be much happier if they both (along with Win) would disappear and the show became a thoughtful discussion on golf.

22. Bt34free

June 18, 2012 at 4:09 pm

EK was a annoying joke on a show oozing with potential. Let’s fire the moron who hired that disgusting douche-bag, loud mouth, EK. What a misplaced pos bloviating his way into my life posing as a golf enthusiast. He was horrible and nauseating. Holly should take her fake eyelashes and hair extensions and head off to Rachel’s where she can titillate more bozos like Kuselias who similarly lack the game to compete for real women. These two putrid plastic Pollyannas’ deserve each other. Glad he’s gone. Get rid of her.

23. Dunner

June 18, 2012 at 5:42 pm

She must be natural blonde. How else do you explain phucking your way to the bottom?

24. Dunner

June 18, 2012 at 5:42 pm

25. Jb

June 20, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Harrington must be a real jerk who is unhappy with himself, how ugly!!

26. Erik Fan

June 25, 2012 at 11:51 pm

You got it wrong! Sad to see him go and YUCK “she’s” still there. Get rid of her already. I personally do not care about his personal life or what happens behind the scenes. I love his on air personality!

27. Mcurley7

July 2, 2012 at 11:19 pm

i love holly so sad to see that she has very poor taste.the only reason that i watch the show is cause of her. she is on the show in the 7pm slot and gives people a chance to see and hear her and try to get a feel about who she might reaiiy be. i think that you should keep jerry on the show .winn is nice but does not come over about golf. the worst is laura .she some how acts to young .but sounds like if she did kackle with her voice she could be convincing to golfers with arms spread out on the chair and leggs folded she is not looking like a pro.charlie steve fleich anika gary and the choice that you have picked so so far is good.i do not like the golf instruction that is on.the pga pro is nice man but i do not like his gadgets.his knowledge is great. m. breed is great. he to uses gadgets but keeps them short. i liked j. mclean the best. if you could i wish you could show old clips of hogan snead nelson palmer jones and more players around that time in the slot time of morning drive. i watch golf channel all the time. it is the one channel in the house that has to be on.you folks are great. vinnie mangio 66

28. Patsass32

July 4, 2012 at 1:49 am

amen EK is a major STAIN! he is a punk lawyer wanna be! he is a STAIN

29. Pci543

July 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm

God riddance. The guy was a jack wagon. Poor Holly if she’s hooked up with the guy. Leopards don’t change their spots.

30. Golfhack72

July 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm

for someone that could pretty much choose anyone I’m not sure why him. I’m happy for them but really, him. At least I know I have a chance pairing with a beautiful women if he can do it. I enjoyed your article it put things into prespective. Now I to get to rinse my mouth.

31. Jamfree69

July 13, 2012 at 1:20 pm

How do you feel now about Tiger winning? He is a douchebag but so are you.

32. Jamfree69

July 13, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Holly Saunders should be right behind her “man”. That fake hair, fake boob, fake eyelash, fake co-host should be replaced as well. Just because some horn dog men like to fantasize while watching the show that she keeps her job give me a break. She’s as useless as he was.

33. Jimmy

July 16, 2012 at 1:56 am

I would happen to any red blooded guy, she’s hot!!

34. Daved

July 17, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I will now watch morning drive, EK is a putz. Maybe he can join the cast of Jersey Shore.

35. J. beasley

July 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I really ALways enjoyed Eric better than Gary on Morning Drive. I miss him on the show. Of course, I did not know any of the “out of sight” things you commented on — so my comment is solely based on what I saw each morning on the Morning Drive Show.

I don’t know why the golf channel thinks that they need “sexy” gals on the show to encourage watchers — especially those with boob jobs.

Congrats to Eric and Holly — if they are happy, I’m happy for them.

36. J. beasley

July 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Congrats to Eric and Holly — if they are happy, I’m happy for them.

37. Alvin

July 18, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Erik is a big fake, as a lot of the sports anyalist are. As for Holly, I put her in the same “puke barrel” as all the other females involved with male sports. To watch these females interupt the flow of a sports event to give their memorized view is just sickening. I have to turn down the sound when I hear the whinny voice of Judy Rankin, & Dotty what’s her name and her take on how wonderful she was in her day. Stay home you idiots, and take Bob Koch and that over-the hill Austrailian with you.

38. Reedontheradio

July 18, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Just another example to support my theory…Women are gullable,superficial & just plain stupid..
    They need to get somebody else in f/ Gary Williams, who has no personality what’s soever..

39. J L

July 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Hey Joel Harrington it sounds like you have lost the ability to report just the facts and not your stupid emotional and jealous opinion. Erik was good for the show because he knows just enough about golf and know more about other sports. As far as Gary, he is a total nerd and goofy as they come. If the Golf Channel needs to get rid of someone please get rid of Gary. He is so dorky and half of what he says is baseless with little substance.

40. Bobbysale2

July 31, 2012 at 4:08 am

how do we all feel now that NBC has said MDrive’s ratings are PLUMETING and Kuselias/NBC Sports are growing by the day? I hear they are about to also give him his own show!

41. Tigerbeat789

July 31, 2012 at 4:11 am

I have to admit…show is piss boring without him..and his 6pm show is better than anyting Golf channel has ever done (including Feherty)

42. EKISAJOKE

August 14, 2012 at 1:54 pm

didn’t like EK at ESPN, didn’t like him at GC, and very disappointed this MSU grad wasn’t smarter then to hook up with him. He is a dog… Hopefully she figures it out before going to the alter.

43. WIDOWER

September 10, 2012 at 5:24 am

I JUST STARTED WATCHING THE MORNING DRIVE A FEW MONTHS BACK , Erik.,IS A BIG SHOW OFF HOGGING THE STOP LIGHT OF THE SHOW , AND IT WAS SIMPLE THAT THIS CLOWN HAD THE HOTS FOR HOLLY ,IT JUST TO BAD SOME WOMAN CAN’T SEE PASS STUPIDITY .I’M GLAD HES GONE ,THE SHOW IS A LOT MORE ENJOYABLE NOW ,I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE WIN ON MORE .

44. GetRealPeople

September 19, 2012 at 11:58 am

Wow. Short of saying the dude slept with your wife and your sister at the same time, you sir are a hater. The guy did his job and he did it well. He’s suppose to speak intelligently about golf and news and keep people talking. He’s not even on the show and were talking. EK, good luck. And congrats on holly. Good job.

45. james burgins

October 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Im sorry but tiger and stricker have lost 3 pts this year and im thinking 2 the last cup,thats 5 pts given to europe,and what did we lose by,just because they like each other there not good for the team,and this is a team event,dufner and woods,stricker and sneds i think would have worked out great.I sure would not have put tiger and stricker 11 and 12 to clean up for the win if needed,im sure they didn’tthink it would go down that far,but just incase it did sneds just showed great composier under masive presure and handled it like a pro,and in the ryder cup if your tired and asked to sit out a round and your the hottest players out there at the time,thats sad,you should be able to run from hole to hole,you cant set a line up for all 3 days,because the hottest and most fir.ed up players should play,well i was disapointed,as both my sons are in the army and both have been to afganistan and iraq both,we love our country very much,so anytime we compete against another country,or cont. then i really want to win we just came up alittle short this time,,,,,AGAIN,,,,,GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

46. homey

October 8, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Realy who cares, as long as they keep the hotties like lauren thompson the golf channel will be great, u know with the hotties they have added it better than ever ,they could have all hotties on the show with out guys as far as im concerned, sexy sells thats a fact

47. james

November 5, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Ek is a great host I listen to him on ESPN for years and come back his perspective is great I’ve watched the morning drive before and ek co host was so dry it was painful to listen to

48. Rik Clarke

January 4, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I guess Erik and Tiger have the same disease. No wonder he never seemed to have any criticism for that situation.

49. ginoboy44

January 30, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Holly is very hot and loves the game of golf. She has a good looking swing. If the stories about EK are even half true it would be in Holly’s best interests and to get out of her engagement.

50. golfmom

March 4, 2013 at 2:27 pm

AMEN!!!!!

51. golfmom

March 4, 2013 at 2:29 pm

For sure…..Lauren makes Holly look like the dumb bimbo she is……

52. Greg Tillusi

March 9, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Two people that truly deserve one another!

53. Mark Saputo

March 9, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Holly should transfered somewhere else too! Not a good role model for the show!

54. Mark Saputo

March 9, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Holly has such low self esteem by dating a cheater!

55. platerunner

September 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm

well said! can’t wait to hear the news that sonders left EK for a web.com player. hahahaha! By the way, EK had bigger tits than Sonders until she bought new ones.

56. Ball Buster

October 27, 2013 at 6:26 am

Wow! Lots of haters here. So easy sitting behind a screen. Any one of you would give your left nut to play a_round with her.

57. Joeaveragefan

October 30, 2013 at 8:12 pm

The best part is Foltz will twist one up for ya!