- Happy Gilmore and Bob Barker Reunited: Night of Too Many Stars
- Anirban Lahiri: An Introduction to India’s Next Golf Star
- DudePerfect and Jamie Sadlowski: Smashing Stuff Up
- Seminole Member-Pro and Augusta National for Phil Mickelson
- Paddy Melts at the Honda Classic– Padraig Harrington Exemplifies Persistence
- The James Hahn Story: Wins Riviera
- Cleveland Putter Review: The Smart Square Counterbalance
- One Size Doesn’t Fit All When It Comes To Golf Swings
- Davis Love III is the 2016 US Ryder Cup Captain
- 2015 Northern Trust Open Preview: Riviera Country Club
Justin Rose Shanks Shot at Zurich Classic of New Orleans- Hunter Mahan and Peter Hanson Have Company
- Updated: April 27, 2012
As we saw with Hunter Mahan at the WGC Match Play and with Peter Hanson on the 12th tee on Sunday at Augusta in this year’s Masters, cold, hard hosel rockets from the games best do happen. The latest example of this came Friday afternoon as Justin Rose shanked his tee shot at the par 3 14th over into the bushes near the grandstands. After searching for the ball for the allotted 5 minutes, Rose was unable to find the ball and therefore had to go back to the tee for his 3rd shot, ultimately leading to a double bogey. The shot was all the more painful when you realize that Justin was 6-under par thru 13 holes at the time of the hosel rocket, proving again that they truly can happen to anyone at anytime, even to the game’s best.
Golf Channel commentator Peter Oosterhuis may have been just as surprised as Rose to see the ball careening straight right after contact, as he reacted, “Was that a shank? You’d think it would’ve had to be to have been that far right.” So, check out below the latest example of these-guys-are-good-yet-still-human.