- 2015 Quicken Loans National Preview: Picks & Predictions
- RBC Canadian Open Recap: David vs. Two Goliaths
- Dirty Larry Golf: Use The Navigator, and Start Making More Putts….Today!
- The 2015 Open Championship Recap: Zach’s Second
- The Golf Channel Academy App Review: “You Need This App”
- Ivor Robson: Calling it a Career at St. Andrews
- The Road Hole at St. Andrews + Fly Over
- Tom Watson Closes Book on Historic Open Career (VIDEO)
- 2015 Open Championship at St. Andrews Preview: Picks & Predictions
- Jordan Spieth Wins the John Deere Classic, Again
Justin Rose Shanks Shot at Zurich Classic of New Orleans- Hunter Mahan and Peter Hanson Have Company
- Updated: April 27, 2012
As we saw with Hunter Mahan at the WGC Match Play and with Peter Hanson on the 12th tee on Sunday at Augusta in this year’s Masters, cold, hard hosel rockets from the games best do happen. The latest example of this came Friday afternoon as Justin Rose shanked his tee shot at the par 3 14th over into the bushes near the grandstands. After searching for the ball for the allotted 5 minutes, Rose was unable to find the ball and therefore had to go back to the tee for his 3rd shot, ultimately leading to a double bogey. The shot was all the more painful when you realize that Justin was 6-under par thru 13 holes at the time of the hosel rocket, proving again that they truly can happen to anyone at anytime, even to the game’s best.
Golf Channel commentator Peter Oosterhuis may have been just as surprised as Rose to see the ball careening straight right after contact, as he reacted, “Was that a shank? You’d think it would’ve had to be to have been that far right.” So, check out below the latest example of these-guys-are-good-yet-still-human.