- Top-5 Mike Malaska Golf Instructional Videos on YouTube
- Mike Malaska Has Launched a New Website: MalaskaGolf.com
- New Scotty Cameron Putters Hit the Market in 2017; Newport and Futura [PHOTOS]
- 5 Reasons Why Vietnam Should be At the Top of Your Golf Bucket List
- 5 Videos Explaining Ben Hogan Secrets That Changed His Career
- Steurer & Jacoby: Wonderfully Made, Premium, Hand-Crafted Golf Bags
- The Bryson DeChambeau Putting Style Has the Golf World Shaking Collective Head
- The GX-7 Metal: GX7Golf.com for More “Consistency?”
- This Story with Jon Rahm Should Give You Golfing Perspective
- Phil Mickelson Short Game Videos: Gold Nuggets on YouTube
2012 SDGA Junior Championship Results- Bormann, Donohue Take Home the Hardware
- Updated: July 26, 2012
The 2012 SDGA Junior Championship took place earlier this week in Sioux Falls, SD. July 23rd and 24th saw Bakker Crossing host some of the state’s best junior golfers. In both a girls division and a boys division, there were two age groups – ages 14-15 and 16-18 – where the golfers could compete. A couple of brutally hot South Dakota summer days left the juniors tired and mentally drained, while giving the scoreboards some pretty impressive numbers to post.
The 16-18 year old boys division was won by O’ Gorman junior-to-be Max Donohue. After posting scores of 69-66-135, he captured a two stroke victory over Piedmont’s Clay Kopplin. Donohue was the only player in the field to post two scores in the 60s. He wasn’t alone shooting in the 60s though at some point during the event. There were a total of 6 different scores in the 60s, as the juniors had no issues displaying their talents. The younger boys division, ages 14-15, was won by Riley Duncanson from Brandon, SD. He shot a first day score of 77, but followed with a solid 74 which was good enough for a 4 stroke victory over Ben Prisbe from Sioux Falls, SD.
The girls division saw a convincing victory in the 16-18 year old division by Jordan Bormann from Parkston, SD. She shot scores of 76-75, giving her a total of 151 and a 5 stroke victory over Pierre’s Hallie Getz. It was Jordan’s younger sister Sydney who won the class A state championship. Sydney finished in 4th at 158. The younger girls division was taken by Sioux Falls native Kelsey Johnson. She played phenomenally her second round, shooting a score of 72. Match that with her first day 76 and she took home the title with a 12 stroke victory. Click here for the full list of results.
South Dakota junior golf is in great shape and the 2012 SDGA Junior Championship was a prime example. The players are getting better and younger by the year. Great playing to all of our junior champions!