- 11 Things in Golf We’re Thankful for in 2015 at USGolfTV
- The Greatest Takeaways from Junior Golf
- Kevin Kisner Can Take a Sigh of Relief…
- What to Make of Steve Williams Book “Out of the Rough”
- Phil Mickelson’s New Coach: Meet Andrew Getson
- Golf Science Lab: Learn the Game in a Deeper Way
- 2015 OHL Classic at Mayakoba Preview: Picks & Predictions
- Peter Malnati: Wins Sanderson Farms, Validates Character
- Russell Knox and His Biggest Win of His Career
- Phil and Butch: What Does the Split Mean?
Shannon Johnson Wins SDGA Women’s State Match Play Championship at Hillcrest CC
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Shannon Johnson successfully defended her title of SDGA Women’s Match Play. Hillcrest Country Club served as a host to the tournament, its second SDGA event of the summer (after hosting the State 2-Man in June). The stroke play portion of the event saw runner-up Jenny Coluccio shoot the low score of the day, firing a 3-under par 69. The only other player under par was rightfully so, Shannon Johnson. She shot a 72 of her own. The two players met one another in the championship after each winning 3 matches – surviving a field of 22 players.
Shannon Johnson’s strong play in SDGA events continued again this weekend in Yankton, SD. The former Indiana Hoosier golfer won the event over University of Sioux Falls golf coach Jenny Coluccio on the 18th hole with a par. The 1 Up victory for Johnson was her second Match Play victory in as many years. The match was a display of bullheaded golf by both Coluccio and Johnson, as neither of them won many holes. A match littered with halves and gritty pars was finally taken hold of by Johnson on hole 17. The players had been All Square since the 9th hole, but after Coluccio pulled her third shot into the bunker and failed to get up and down, the lead was Johnson’s to lose. Another par-par finish for both players gave Johnson the victory and the SDGA championship.
Another championship for Johnson!