- The James Hahn Story: Wins Riviera
- Cleveland Putter Review: The Smart Square Counterbalance
- One Size Doesn’t Fit All When It Comes To Golf Swings
- Davis Love III is the 2016 US Ryder Cup Captain
- 2015 Northern Trust Open Preview: Riviera Country Club
- La Reunion Course Review: Guatemala’s Treasure for Golfers
- Brandt Snedeker Wins at Pebble Beach, Ticket to Augusta Again
- Bridgestone Golf: The Bridgestone J15 DF Iron Review (VIDEO)
- How Does Super Bowl Sunday Compare with Masters Sunday?
- Strokes Gained: The Statistic That Could Help Change Your Game
Shannon Johnson Wins SDGA Women’s State Match Play Championship at Hillcrest CC
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Shannon Johnson successfully defended her title of SDGA Women’s Match Play. Hillcrest Country Club served as a host to the tournament, its second SDGA event of the summer (after hosting the State 2-Man in June). The stroke play portion of the event saw runner-up Jenny Coluccio shoot the low score of the day, firing a 3-under par 69. The only other player under par was rightfully so, Shannon Johnson. She shot a 72 of her own. The two players met one another in the championship after each winning 3 matches – surviving a field of 22 players.
Shannon Johnson’s strong play in SDGA events continued again this weekend in Yankton, SD. The former Indiana Hoosier golfer won the event over University of Sioux Falls golf coach Jenny Coluccio on the 18th hole with a par. The 1 Up victory for Johnson was her second Match Play victory in as many years. The match was a display of bullheaded golf by both Coluccio and Johnson, as neither of them won many holes. A match littered with halves and gritty pars was finally taken hold of by Johnson on hole 17. The players had been All Square since the 9th hole, but after Coluccio pulled her third shot into the bunker and failed to get up and down, the lead was Johnson’s to lose. Another par-par finish for both players gave Johnson the victory and the SDGA championship.
Another championship for Johnson!