- Gary Player’s Workout Regiment STRONG at Age 80
- 3 Keys to Your Golf Setup to Hit a Draw: “3…is a Magic Number” [VIDEO]
- A Good Use for Home-Improvement Lasers to Make More Putts
- Jack Nicklaus Academies of Golf Extend into 10 Countries Worldwide
- SureOut Wedge by Callaway Golf: The Next “Do-It-All” Wedge
- TeeOff.com by PGA Tour: Tee Times at 3000+ Golf Courses on an App
- 5 Jack Nicklaus Lessons That Will Help Your Golf Game
- 4 Cool Ways Drones Have a Future In Golf
- 4 Wonderful Lessons for Playing Golf in the Wind
- USGA and R&A Massive Rule Changes: And A Few We Would Have Liked
2012 SDGA Junior Championship Results- Bormann, Donohue Take Home the Hardware
- Updated: July 26, 2012
The 2012 SDGA Junior Championship took place earlier this week in Sioux Falls, SD. July 23rd and 24th saw Bakker Crossing host some of the state’s best junior golfers. In both a girls division and a boys division, there were two age groups – ages 14-15 and 16-18 – where the golfers could compete. A couple of brutally hot South Dakota summer days left the juniors tired and mentally drained, while giving the scoreboards some pretty impressive numbers to post.
The 16-18 year old boys division was won by O’ Gorman junior-to-be Max Donohue. After posting scores of 69-66-135, he captured a two stroke victory over Piedmont’s Clay Kopplin. Donohue was the only player in the field to post two scores in the 60s. He wasn’t alone shooting in the 60s though at some point during the event. There were a total of 6 different scores in the 60s, as the juniors had no issues displaying their talents. The younger boys division, ages 14-15, was won by Riley Duncanson from Brandon, SD. He shot a first day score of 77, but followed with a solid 74 which was good enough for a 4 stroke victory over Ben Prisbe from Sioux Falls, SD.
The girls division saw a convincing victory in the 16-18 year old division by Jordan Bormann from Parkston, SD. She shot scores of 76-75, giving her a total of 151 and a 5 stroke victory over Pierre’s Hallie Getz. It was Jordan’s younger sister Sydney who won the class A state championship. Sydney finished in 4th at 158. The younger girls division was taken by Sioux Falls native Kelsey Johnson. She played phenomenally her second round, shooting a score of 72. Match that with her first day 76 and she took home the title with a 12 stroke victory. Click here for the full list of results.
South Dakota junior golf is in great shape and the 2012 SDGA Junior Championship was a prime example. The players are getting better and younger by the year. Great playing to all of our junior champions!