Unless you’ve been living under a rock this week, you know that Rickie Fowler won the 2015 Players Championship in epic fashion.
After sticking his tee shot to 4 feet on the legendary #17 island green, Fowler drained his birdie putt and celebrated greenside with his mom and girlfriend. Ironically, a PGA players’ poll last week declared Fowler one of the two most overrated players on tour.
I’d say that winning a major tournament is a pretty solid way to quiet those critics.
Rickie’s always been a player who draws attention. Partly because of his youth and partly because of his hip and bold fashion choices, Fowler has been one of the most recognizable players on tour for several years now and no matter how you slice it, he’s good for the game.
What’s extra-cool about Rickie is that as a Cobra/Puma staff player, everything he wears on the course and everything he puts in his bag is something that you can own.
That awesome Puma Glitch Polo Rickie wore to close out the Players can help boost your confidence and make you look a little cooler on the course. And every one of Rickie’s clubs are available to help you take your game to the next level as well.
Here’s a full rundown of what Rickie had in his bag at the 2015 Players Championship:
- Driver – Cobra Fly-Z+
- 3 Wood – Cobra Fly-Z+
- 5 Wood – Cobra Bio Cell+
- Irons – Cobra Fly-Z Pro
- Wedges – Cobra Tour Trusty (47, 51, 57 and 62 degree)
- Putter – Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Prototype
- Ball – Titleist Pro V1 X
All in all, it’s a pretty killer bag.
The good news is that whether you have the skills to compete at Rickie’s level or you’re just trying to break 90, Cobra has a full lineup of clubs to help you play better golf and have more fun on the course.
While we could tell you about the incredible forgiveness and distance that you’ll get with the Fly-Z irons or why the Cobra Tour Trusty wedge just might be the most underrated club on the market, let’s focus on the long ball for a hot second.
The Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver is one of the most innovative drivers on the market right now and while it has moveable weight technology to help you craft your shots, the design is much more intuitive and easy to grasp than some of the other moveable weight drivers on the market.
Here are three really solid reasons why Rickie plays a Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver and why you should definitely check one out today:
- Flip It and Rip It Technology – As I mentioned, the Fly-Z+ uses moveable weight technology to help you craft the shot you want. Here’s what sets it apart from the other guys – it’s so simple! Set the weight to the back for a higher, towering ball shot. If you want a lower, more penetrating ball flight, move the weight up to the front. In a nutshell: Back = More Carry, Front = More Roll.
- Speed Channel – Without getting into all of the technical mumbo jumbo, I’m just going to tell you that this driver is H.O.T. The Speed Channel is actually an engineered trench surrounding the face of the club that allows the face to be a whole lot thinner and stronger. Combined with the incredibly forgiving E9 sweet zone, you’re going to see increased ball speeds and have a driver that is forgiving even on your worst mishits.
- FREE Shaft Upgrades! When it comes to driver technology the head is obviously very important, but equally important is the shaft you choose. Cobra offers a slew of premium shafts that for the first time are included as totally free upgrades. Many of these premium shafts can cost up to $100 on top of the base cost of a driver, so this is one bonus that is truly fantastic for consumers.
If you want to check out the Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (and I obviously recommend that you do), head to your nearest authorized Cobra dealer and have a certified pro custom fit you.
A Cobra-trained club specialist will be able to get you the right shaft, flex, loft and grip size to make sure that your new driver is the perfect fit for your swing.